If you're not happy with your results, just go back to Part 5, Re-read and Study it; and take the Quiz again. It's not about the grade you get on the test, it's about the enthusiasm and dedication you bring to being an AP farmer.
13 Correct Answers = A+
12 Correct Answers = A
11 Correct Answers = B+
10 Correct Answers = B
Below are the Answers to the Part 5 Quiz.
1. What is the best way to Cycle your System?
ANSWER: "Place your baby fish, be they fry or fingerlings,
into the fish tank and begin feeding them small amounts of
2. ANSWER: "When you add newly purchased fish into your AP
System, you're also adding water from their previous location,
which contains bacteria."
3. ANSWER: "As you slowly increase the amount of fish food,
you also need to make daily water chemistry measurements."
4. ANSWER: "If the ammonia or nitrites get too high (1.0 ppm)
you need to decrease your fish food amounts."
5. ANSWER: "You should never go more than one week without
making water chemistry measurements."
6. ANSWER: "During the initial two week cycling process, you
should see your water chemistry Nitrate levels increase."
7. ANSWER: "Fish can handle 100 times more nitrates than
ammonia and nitrites."
8. What do you need to see in your system water before you
start to sprout seedlings in a seedling tray?
9. "How high does Nitrate measurement need to be to support
leafy green plant growth?"
ANSWER: "40 ppm or higher"
10. ANSWER: "You should never transplant plants from a soil
environment into your AP System."
11. What kinds of vegetables should you plant in your first
ANSWER: "Leafy Greens"
12. Once your AP System is cycled and growing plants, what do
you need to do if you see an ammonia or nitrite spike?
ANSWER: "Lower the amount of fish food or stop feeding
the fish altogether for a couple of days"
13. ANSWER: "If your water chemistry goes to a very unsafe
level of ammonia and/or nitrites, you will need to do a
Now, you can check your Answers and give yourself a Grade:
9 Correct Answers = C
8 Correct Answers = D
7 Correct Answers = D-
6 or Less Correct Answers = F